The Passionists – 150 Year On
The Passionist Order was founded in Italy by St. Paul of the Cross in 1727. In 1856 the order was invited by Cardinal Cullen of Dublin to set up a foundation in Ireland. They purchased a house and property at Mount Argus in Dublin and established their monastery there – and this is still their headquarters in Ireland. People all over the world know the order through their association with An Garda Siochana. Current Provincial Fr. Martin Coffey told Eileen Good about the early days of their foundation in Ireland.